Can you blend a smoothie? Then you can make this passion fruit and orange sorbet, which mixes three naturally sweet, sun-loving fruits to blast away any indoor blues. Full of vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and fiber, this dessert doubles as a nutritious booster shot for your body. It’s also sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan. (Psst! Add a teaspoon or two of rum to keep the sorbet soft and slightly sexy.)
Makes approximately 2 cups
1 large orange, peeled
1 banana, frozen (peel before freezing)
1/4 cup passion fruit pulp, plus extra to serve
1. Remove center pith and seeds from the orange. Cut segments in half. Blend orange until very smooth.
2. Cut frozen banana into rounds, then blend with orange puree.
3. Blend or stir in passion fruit pulp (blending will chop up the seeds).
4. Serve as is or place in a shallow container in the freezer for approximately 2 hours, stirring occasionally to keep the sorbet smooth as it freezes. If frozen for more than a couple hours, you may need to let the sorbet thaw for 10 minutes on the counter before scooping.
5. Drizzle with extra passion fruit pulp if you wish, then enjoy.
If possible, refrigerate the peeled, cut orange overnight so the mixture starts off even colder and freezes quicker.
If you have a really powerful blender, you don’t need to cut up the fruit before mixing.
Adding a teaspoon or two of rum or another liquor will lower the freezing point and keep the sorbet softer, but it is not necessary.
Recipe courtesy of 84th and 3rd.
We’ve got a bit of paradise for your pearly whites. 🌴😁 Soft as a beach towel and super cleansing, our limited-edition Passion Fruit fragrance is like a tropical vacation for your mouth.