1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 eggs (including one for egg wash)
2 tbsp. ice water
1/2 cup icy cold, salted butter
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
1 cup fresh berries of any kind
1 tsp. cornstarch
sesame seeds or almond flakes (optional)
1. Mix all-purpose gluten-free flour and butter in a food processor until crumbly (about 15 seconds).
2. Add one egg and water and pulse about 15 seconds until dough is formed.
3. Stack dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll into a 12-inch circle.
4. Refrigerate for an hour.
5. In the meantime, preheat oven to 425°F.
6. Slowly melt chocolate in a saucepan or double boiler. Then let it cool until it’s spreadable.
7. Combine berries and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
8. Remove dough from refrigerator. Spread melted chocolate onto dough from center outwards, leaving about 2.5 inches around the border. Top with berries.
9. Fold up sides of the dough, creasing as you go. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or almond flakes, if you like.
10. Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving warm.
Recipe courtesy of Healthy Fitness Meals.