1 cup hazelnut flour (can substitute ground hazelnuts)
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 tsp. salt
5 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp. maple syrup
14 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
6 oz. 70% vegan dark chocolate
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup hazelnut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch tart pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix crust ingredients together in a food processor until well combined. The mixture should be sticky when you press it between your fingers.
3. Using your fingers, press dough down to cover the pan.
4. Bake for 15–17 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
5. Combine filling ingredients in a pan on medium heat. Mix often until combined — be careful not to burn the chocolate. Pour mixture into the tart pan.
6. Chill for 2–3 hours in fridge. Once filling is set, sprinkle chopped hazelnuts around the top rim, and enjoy. Also delicious served frozen.
Recipe courtesy of Choosing Chia.