In February 2016, Cocofloss explored the fairy chimneys in Cappadocia, Turkey. Fairy Chimneys are natural rock formations, the result of intense volcanic activity, found near the town of Goreme in Central Turkey. Tourists from all around the world visit Cappadocia to lose themselves in this whimsical and surreal moonscape.
Cappadocia has been home to many cultures, whose inhabitants chiseled churches, castles and homes out of the soft rock. Beneath Cappadocia’s rock formations lies a network of subterranean cities, some of which could house up to 10,000 people and were up to 10 levels deep underground.
Go on a hike in the Ihlara valley; drif gently in a hot air balloon over the chimneys, orchards and valleys; ride horses through the snow; meander through the underground cities; and enjoy the delicious "pottery kebab”.
Book a stay in a boutique fairy-chimney hotel to fully soak up the history and spirit of Cappadocia. Don't worry, cave hotels are well-heated in the winter, so friends won't have to find you and your frozen Cocofloss in a cave in the middle of nowhere…well, Turkey. Right in the middle of Turkey.
Cappadocia is a truly breathless destination for nature, history, flossing, and gastronomy!
Thanks to Cocoflosser @nazkpln for sharing Cappadocia with us! And congrats on her recent engagement to @guvenclicaner!
Where are you taking #cocofloss? Submit pics + travel tips to email@example.com or #jetsetcocofloss
1) >75% of the world’s __________ come(s) from Turkey. a) rubies b) turquoise c) hazelnuts d) pine nuts
2) Turks introduced ______________ to Europe! a) mint b) rice c) tea d) coffee
3) ____________ is the only secular and democratic Muslim country in the world.
4) ____________ got started as an American form of Turkish Delight. a) jelly beans b) Jell-O c) fruit leather d) Starburst
5) Fun Fact: ____________ is the only city in the world that is on two continents.
answers: 1. hazelnuts 2. coffee 3. Turkey 4. jelly beans 5. Istanbul